Saturday, February 25, 2012

Recipe: Jerusalem Artichokes (aka Sunchokes)

I had forgotten I planted Jerusalem Artichokes, and was a bit annoyed when what I thought were sunflowers took over a part of the veggie box last summer.  They grew big, with tiny tiny sunflowers on top.

Much to my delight, we have started getting the boxes ready for planting again, and discovered a box full of these tubers.  I found a recipe in Nourishing Traditions and got started.

I boiled my sunchokes for 10 minutes.  Then I added the juice of a lemon and boiled for 5 more minutes.  

I was going to do more, but these were so delicious that we stopped there. The kids couldn't stop gnawing on them. They tasted like artichoke hearts.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...