Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Passover Menu Planning

 It's almost Passover time!  
I think we may skip the gefilte fish! Blasphemy, I know.  But every time I look on the bottles of it at the store, and read the ingredients, I cringe. There is so much odd stuff in there (MSG, anyone?). I do have a recipe for making it, but as I am the only one who likes it at our table, I may not go to the trouble this year.

So what ARE we having?  Here is what I am thinking for our menu:



  • Matzoh
  • Hard Boiled Eggs
  • Parsley
  • Salt Water
  • Charoses *
  • Horseradish
  • Matzoh Ball Soup (Matzoh balls in bone broth with sea salt)
  • Braised Beef (a tied cut of meat in the slow cooker with bone broth, celery, carrots, and onion on low for 8 hours)
  • Vegetarian Matzoh Kugel of some sort with a bunch of veggies: maybe a matzoh lasagne, or a spinach and veggie and matzoh casserole
  • Cut up fruit for dessert (fresh navel oranges, probably- I just got a huge bag at the farmer's market)





*Charoses Recipe (Charoset): Combine the following ingredients:
1 cup walnuts, chopped
4 apples, peeled, cored, and diced
1 t cinnamon
7 T sweet red wine (we use grape juice)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...