Thursday, September 25, 2014

Preschooler Book Recommendations







  • The fishermen and the turtle - lovely story set in Aztec time with beautiful illustrations
  • The ox cart man - another timeless tale, nice word repetition
  • Dick and jane: we play outside - many stories inside a larger book. This one has grown with us- we started by not saying the works- just telling the story, and my older son is now learning to read and I say the words now but the preschooler still likes the story
  • My first Spanish number book - another one where you can read the words or not- and they can "read" it to themselves as well.  Good introduction to number concepts.
  • The lion and the mouse by jerry pinkney - no words- only beautiful illustrations for a fable worth telling
  • Diggers and Dump Trucks
  • Ships and boats
  • The king the mice and the cheese - one of my favorites from childhood my children also love. 
  • Click clack moo - nice word rhythm and a funny story. imaginative and cute.
  • Caps for Sale - another I loved as a child my children also like.  can stand for an enthusiastic reader.
  • Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - imaginative within a familiar context.
  • Blueberries for Sal 
  • The Little Lamb - real photos instead of drawings.



  • Pin It

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...