Monday, June 14, 2010

Make it Monday Reversible Headbands Disaster

I saw this tutorial for reversible headbands and thought this would be a great quick project and would use up some scraps.

I also thought it would help use some of my new favorite item: woven fusible interfacing.

Lo and Behold, things are not always what they seem.

The project uses a really long scrap, so it is not much of a scrap at all.  I had to cut into my stash to get long enough pieces.

 It makes a really WIDE headband that is much too wide for my head. On the second one, I tried using a wider seam allowance to make it thinner and this was stilll too wide.

It also uses an odd way of turning the whole thing, which I changed and did another way. Instead of her way, I left an opening on one side as wide as the elastic to tuck it into. I then stitched around as usual and left an opening for turning on one side, and hid it while topstitching, which I think looks cleaner than her zigzag method.

One thing I liked about this project was her advice to change the bobbin color to match the backside fabric. I had to re-read it a few times for that to make sense, though.

All in all, I'd give this one a skip.
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...