Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Little Heartbreaker Pants as Shorts

  These are the "Little Heartbreaker Pants" from the book called Sewing for Boys. This is my second pass at this pattern (first is here).
 I modified the pattern to make them into shorts.  To do this, I folded my pattern piece up so I could leave about four inches from the crotch down the leg.  Then I ironed a hem and stitched to the top and bottom of my ironing.  
 I used Michael Miller's Tot Town Dig It fabric for the exterior (at the little guy's request) and a mustard with cherry blossoms from JoAnn's for the accent (also at his request).  I made my own buttonhole elastic using FOE and snaps.  
 These are the size 2/3 and he is solidly a 4 or 5.  I have found the sizing in the book to be way too generous, although I may need to widen the elastic in these to make the waist looser.   
 They fit the legs nicely and the pockets are just right, and the fly and pleat are nice touches. 
 
 
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...