Sunday, May 6, 2012

Tutorial: DIY Buttonhole Elastic with Snaps

I needed some buttonhole elastic but the shop in town didn't sell it!  She suggested their snap tape and a light went off.  Ah HA!! I could make my own!

In this example, I made it in two lengths for the two pairs of pants I was making.

First, take FOE (foldover elastic). I bet that ribbon or even bias tape would work.  Hem the ends.
Add one side of the snap to the pants.
Add the other side of the snap to the elastic.  Add another snap (or two) in 1" increments. 
Lace it through.

You could leave it snapped to hold it in place, or stitch the ends of the elastic to the pants if you don't want to lose it ever.

Voila!
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...