Saturday, December 22, 2012

Loaded Xtracycle Edgerunner - Two Kids + Three Bags of Groceries

 This is our new Edgerunner by Xtracycle (with homemade child seat).  It is getting COLD here in Northern California, so we have been riding at noon, mostly.

On this day, the little guy and I went and picked up older brother from preschool.  He was happy I brought his gloves.  Then we went to Trader Joe's and got two bags of groceries.  We had to navigate where to put big bro's feet, and decided that in the bags, at the front with the toggles, was best.  It is interesting to negotiate legroom with him every time I fill up the bags.

Then we went and picked up our CSA box, which was a (heavy) bag of veggies.

The bike rode great, even loaded with 70 pounds of kids, a little clothing and food bag, and three heavy bags. I was nervous about the start in the TJ parking lot, so walked the bike out to the street and started up there, on a slight downhill.  It is quite difficult to move it around once loaded (if I don't want to start where I load it up). Also, I need to remember to downshift when stopping to get a load, so that when I start again I will be in the right gear (same as with the trailer). When riding, I noticed that I was in a bigger gear fully loaded than without. We are still working out the kinks of getting used to the new bike.


Posted by Picasa
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...