Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Waterproof Bicycle Bucket Bag

 
I am making a set-up for the new Xtracycle Edgerunner and it needs to include somewhere for my bigger child to hold his stuff like snacks or a water bottle.

I decided to use Noodlehead's Bicycle Bucket Bag tutorial which I have used before. The last time I made it, I had some bunching with the top binding, and it felt floppy to me.  So, this time, I used buckram as the interfacing and it turned out quite stable. I used fleece as the interfacing on the handle and it is a bit thicker than what would be ideal.

After completing it, I realized what I did wrong both times with the top binding (and you can see I "fixed" it differently both times).  When she says to bind like a quilt, I put right sides together on the outside piece and it would have worked out properly had I matched right sides together of the inner piece and the binding.

I also added a special addition this time: velcro to the inside. I wanted a way for my son to be able to keep it closed while we were riding. He struggles with snaps a bit still (he is 4.5 years old), but does velcro like a snap (ha). I added it to the top middle.

I did the interior and exterior in laminated cotton- waterproof- for food on the inside and rain on the outside.

Awesome!!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...