Monday, February 8, 2010

Pattern Review: Reusable Snack Bag

I have been cutting up apples and pears and bringing them along with us on our outings for a snack. The problem is that they take up a whole hard container, then I need to carry a big empty container around for the rest of the outing. So I had been using plastic lunch baggies and throwing them away.

I came across this tutorial for a reusable snack bag (here is another option - see link on sidebar) when I was looking for a lunch bag tutorial for some cool oilcloth I just got. This project sufficiently distracted me from the oilcloth, and I am really happy with the result.

The tutorial was easy to follow and had great photos at appropriate places. The only direction that I would change was that she said to use a scrap of PUL and my scraps are much smaller-- I had to dig into my stash for a big enough piece. That is hardly a critique, though!

And that makes this hardly a review, I know. But the tutorial was useful and I am really happy with how my bags turned out. I was worried the PUL would stain from the pear, and it has held up just fine this last week.

I am looking forward to using these-- and making more!
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I've started making them with just one layer of cotton and forgetting the PUL all together now. Seems to work just as well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...