Thursday, April 7, 2011

Natural Pregnancy Heartburn Alleviation Remedies

One of the, er,  joys of pregnancy for me seems to be the heartburn. I usually don't get it, and, while pregnant, it has been keeping me up for an hour or more once I lay down to sleep.  This happened to me last time, too, and I remember taking shots of Apple Cider Vinegar (because diluting it in water just made the taste last longer), which worked but tasted awful.

So instead of sleeping sitting up (which I considered, even though I have an entire trimester remaining), I asked some local Mamas for their ideas as to what I should take that did not include artificial coloring (Tums) and were possibly without sugar (Tums) or aspirin (Alka-Seltzer).

I got the following responses, and am feeling a LOT better after trying a few out.

Add:   
baking soda (recipe on box)
japanese pickled plums (umeboshi)
Apple Cider Vinegar in hot water with lemon
swallow own spit/ chew gum
grapefruit
vanilla ice cream
sparkling water with lemon
alkaline water (use drops)
chamomile tea

Remove:
citrus
tomatoes / tomato sauces
chocolate
vinaigrette dressings  
anything greasy

Hope this can help another Mama in need... let me know if you have anything to add!




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...