Friday, June 27, 2014

Upcycle Birdseed Bag into two Totes

We recently emptied a bag of bird seed and I thought it would be fun to make it into a bag.  It ended up as two little totes.  The boys each have claimed one and want to bring them to the farmer's market for their goodies.


Tote 1:


This is the back of the bird seed bag, stitched together.  Then I pinched the bottom corners (from the inside) and sewed across them to give it a structured bottom.


The handles are made of the sides of the birdseed bag folded in half and stitched together.  I used a box stitch to attach them to the tote.


Tote 2:

This is the front of the birdseed bag with the same pinched corners stitched across as with the first tote.


But with this one, I used canvas material from my stash for the handles and for a credit card/ money pocket.  

To make the credit card pocket, I took a rectangle of fabric and folded it in half, right sides together.  Then I turned and topstitched it together to make a patch pocket.  I added a snap.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...