Monday, November 22, 2010

A Failed Vest Modification

This vest was made using Kwik Sew 2911, which I have had a lot of success with. I usually modify it to remove the pockets and use fold over elastic (FOE) to line the hood, armholes, and bottom instead of binding it with lycra swimsuit material like the pattern recommends.

In this case, I removed the pockets, which I am happy with. I wanted it to be very (gasp!) neutral, and didn't have any FOE that wouldn't stand out when paired with the navy blue windpro fleece and slightly lighter zipper. So I skipped the FOE and hemmed it. It hasn't gotten really cold yet, but I think this vest may be a failure. I suspect the armholes won't be tight enough, the hood may fall off too easily, and air will get in through the bottom. I think this will probably negate the fabric choice of "windpro."

Live and learn!
Posted by Picasa





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...