The green fabric was the body of a ladies' fitted shirt with buttons down the front. I took off the buttons but left the holes as an accent.
My favorite pants pattern was used for both pairs of pants, and I made sure to line up the bottom of the pattern with the hem of the green shirt and of the red skirt so I could re-use their hemming as well.
The red skirt was a flared A-line t-shirt material skirt. I was able to keep some of the detail from the original skirt (see back of pant leg). I also re-used the waistband of this one, cutting about an inch below the original elastic and stitching it to the pant legs using this material. It didn't lay flat, so I had to topstitch it so the stitching wouldn't bother my toddler.