But here's the thing.
It's a bit odd. Not like creepy odd, but like you need to know the rules, odd. So let me help you out here. And please don't be discouraged by all of this information and give it a shot regardless. You will love it!
But first, there are a few things you should know:
1. they say the same thing every time (as in every teacher says exactly the same words every class)
2. dress lightly
3. don't eat before class (like 3 hrs)
4. drink a lot of water all day before class- then bring a lot to class
5. bring a full sized towel and a yoga mat if you have one, then cover your mat with the towel to absorb your sweat during class
6. people don't look at each other or talk at all during class- even to the teacher, unless addressed directly by the teacher
7. the teacher is most likely the person who checks you in at the front desk + they will be there again after class. This is when they are happy to talk to you in their own words and have you talk back to them.
8. the teacher doesn't do the class- you need to look at other people to figure out what to do
9. modifications are frowned upon unless you are pregnant
10. try and do what the teacher says right when they say (not before or after)- so the whole class is moving together
11. if you feel crappy, take a knee if everyone is standing and lay down if everyone is on the floor
12. You may feel worse before you feel better (as in any aches and pains in your body post-class). Come back again soon and you will feel better.
13. The teacher calls people's names all during class with corrections. New people get extra attention for the first half a dozen classes.
See you in class!
Seriously, you will love it.