Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Upcycling: Bobby's Bathers as Shorts from Dad's Old Polo

Here is Dad in one of his favorite polo shirts!

Halloween 2011
Alas, the shirt got old.  So I made it into a pair of shorts.

I used Sewing for Boys' Bobby's Bathers pattern but modified the pockets and the waistband.  I added a second pocket to the front (and moved them more to the front from the side), and another to the back.

I also got to skip the hemming because I arranged the pattern pieces to use the existing polo shirt hem.


To make the waistband, I took similar fabric and made a casing with elastic.


I love these shorts!  They make us all think of Daddy every time they are on, plus they are roomy and allow for plenty of movement.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...