Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Meatza - Grain Free, Primal, Ultra Low Carb "Pizza" - Kids Food


This was inspired by Well Fed and Caveman Keto.  There was pizza night at school, and my son didn't want to go out, but liked the idea of making Meatza at home.

Meatza is basically meat instead of a bread crust, and the rest is the same as traditional pizza.  

While I was working on the meat crusts, my 4.5 year old made appetizers (not ultra low carb, FYI, but delicious). He took goat cheese and put it and shredded carrots on a plate.


Then I made two kinds of Meatza.  One  Meatza was made on defrosted chicken thighs.

The other was made on flattened ground beef, prebaked at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.



I topped them with chopped leftover veggies (asparagus, cauliflower, and broccoli), sliced salami, olives, leftover cooked bacon, and shredded cheddar cheese.

The boys said they were delicious.  My older son actually said he liked the chicken thigh one a bit better.

I even found sauce in his ear later!
 
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...