If you aren't familiar with GAPS, it is a way of eating which is meant to heal your gut and strengthen your entire system. It is fairly revolutionary and the book itself is full of information and knowledge far beyond the scope of any other nutrition or diet book I have seen.
- Fresh juice - carrot/ warm water - cabbage, celery, lettuce
- Add probiotic to stock (if whey is ok, add yogurt)
- Vegetable soup or puree - carrot, zucchini, squash, leek, onion, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower - broth + fat + vegetable + yogurt or whey
- Boiled meats (+ skin + liver) - include fish and fish skin
- Egg yolk
- Cooked apple with fat
- Nut butter pancakes (squash and eggs fried in coconut oil or butter)
- Raw vegetables- lettuce, cucumber, carrot, celery, cabbage
- Scrambled egg
- Raw apple, ripe banana
- Almond bread
She also says to use a spoon and give baby a spoon-- good advice all around!