Monday, October 28, 2013

Sewing for Boys Ladybug Pants (Little Heartbreaker Pants)

These are the Little Heartbreaker Pants from Sewing for Boys (seen before as dress pants, here as white pants with star pockets and here as truck shorts and here is about the buttonhole elastic I made myself).  As you can see, I really like this pattern.  

 
This rendition is ladybug quilter's cotton from JoAnn Fabrics.  They are both size 4-- one hemmed a lot and the other with 3" extra on the bottom to essentially make a size 4T and a size 6.  This is because all of the sizing in the book seems to be big (wide, mostly), and after making a pattern a few times for the same kids, it is nice to know how to adjust the pattern to make the clothing fit better!
 
The other change I made this time is taking out the front pleat to make them more narrow.  I folded the pattern in at the pleat and cut it there.  I wanted to make sure the waistbands would still be right, but that they wouldn't be so baggy.
Posted by Picasa
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...