Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Train Trainers

I have a helper who likes to go into my stash and choose fabrics.  This time, he chose train fabric, and said we should make little brother train trainers.  Very sweet, since we have been using training pants lately.  Pretty punny for a 3 year old... so I indulged him...

We used my favorite waterproof training pants pattern but made them non-waterproof and used a thicker soaker.  For the outside, we used the train flannel.  The inside is Zorb 2.  I used the scraps from the flannel and Zorb 2 for the soaker.  I used lastin for the elastic and Kam snaps to close.  I modified the pattern to close it on all the sides and turn them, instead of leaving the sides open and closing them with FOE.

They turned out nicely, though a bit thick (read: takes a long time to dry and bulky) and diaper-like for my taste.  

Posted by Picasa
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...